Reforms of Gerakan
1. To apply party’s Malaysian perspective and non-racial approach to analyse major national issues, formulate policy positions, purpose viable and acceptable solutions and initiatives in order to promote national unity and nation building
2. To be more vocal in raising various issues of concern at both the federal and state levels. Gerakan will perform a dual role. It will become the voice of the people from within the Barisan Nasional and push for reform of the BN to be truly representative of all Malaysians. Gerakan will also be a constructive and effective opposition in the states under Pakatan Rakyat.
3. To rebuild and strengthen the party in all aspects so as to regain the peoples trust and support by re-establishing and reinforcing the partys links with the people, upgrading services, organising activities and preparing to seek the people’s mandate again.
4. To actively reach out and forge smart partnership with members of the civil society and various non-governmental organisations, working on common issues of concern and mutual interest at national, state and local levels.
5. To activate, motivate and mobilise existing party members and recruit more Malaysians from various ethnic and cultural backgrounds with emphasis on youth and women.
6. To boost the morale and quality of leaders and members by increasing and upgrading political training and programmes to reinforce ideological commitment, enhance knowledge, and upgrade leadership, management and communication skills.
7. To re-energise and revamp the party’s organisation and admission at all levels by further strengthening party bureaus at central and state levels.
8. To improve our communication and public relations strategies to enable members of the public and the party to better understand and support our party.